Well I actually don't hate all of these things... some are quite interesting...
- A human piece of excrement is usually made up of 75% water. Of course, if you have Diarrhea, that percentage tends to go up. The opposite is true of those with a more fiber based diet, if ya know what I mean.
- Elephants tend to crap several hundreds pounds of poo out each day. By comparison, the average human drops about 2 pounds a day.
- Poop gets it’s color from bile secreted from the liver and bilirubin which is the result of dead red blood cells.
- Animals eat their own poop because it takes at least 2 times through their digestive systems to properly gain all nutrients. However, if humans were to do the same they could end up very sick or contract illnesses like Cholera, Pinworms, or Tapeworms.
- The putrid smell omitted from poop is due to the large amounts of bacteria. (and that meatloaf surprise you ate for dinner)
- A scientific scale exists that categorizes poop numerically. The Bristol Stool Scale ranges from 1 (constipation) to 7 (diarrhea). I think I’m about a 6 right now.
- China originated the use of toilet paper by using newspapers, catalogs, or yellow pages as TP. Until then people had to deal with Poison Ivy of the anus all too often.
- When birds crap it is projectile so they don’t mess their tail feathers. But what about my freakin’ car??
- Some caterpillars can fling their poop up to 3 feet to elude predators. That’s nothing though, I think my record of 5 feet 3 inches still holds.
- The longest poop ever recorded was an impressive 26 feet. Must’ve been the Indian guy from the FiberOne cereal commercials.
Que the graphic!
Via: Online Schools