At the end of every year you're bound to see a couple thousand best of/worst of lists, and now with the decade ending that will almost double the amount. The most amazing thing about this is that most people will make this list and intentionally leave out something people like are place it into a worst of list. This kind of baiting is amazing to me, you just haven't been entertained until you see a forty year old man cry and scream because Dark Knight was left off of the Top Five Comic Book Movies of the Decade (although I can sympathize with him, I was devastated Ghost Rider was left out).
How can you forget about me? I'm the inspiration for every
Meatloaf album cover and I'm 90's attitude... to the EXTREME!!!!
Sometimes they don't even have to be about entertainment or anything important, they can just be about random things you can do when you're bored. I' ll leave you with this example...
25 FUN THINGS TO DO IN A DEPARTMENT STORE
1. Take shopping carts for the express purpose of filling them and stranding them at strategic locations.
2. Ride those little electronic cars at the front of the store.
3. Set all the alarm clocks to go off at ten minute intervals throughout the day.
4. Start playing basketball; see how many people you can get to join in.
5. Contaminate the entire auto department by sampling all the spray air fresheners.
6. Challenge other customers to duels with tubes of gift wrap.
7. Leave cryptic messages on the typewriters.
8. Re-dress the mannequins as you see fit.
9. When there are people behind you, walk REALLY SLOW, especially thin narrow aisles.
10. Walk up to an employee and tell him in an official tone, "I think we've got a Code 3 in Housewares," and see what happens.
11. Tune all the radios to a polka station; then turn them all off and turn the volumes to "10".
12. Play with the automatic doors.
13. Walk up to complete strangers and say, "Hi! I haven't seen you in so long!..." etc. See if they play along to avoid embarrassment.
14. While walking through the clothing department, ask yourself loud enough for all to hear, "Who BUYS this crap, anyway?"
15. Repeat Number 14 in the jewelry department.
16. Ride a display bicycle through the store; claim you're taking it for a "test drive."
17. Follow people through the aisles, always staying about five feet away. Continue to do this until they leave the department.
18. Play soccer with a group of friends, using the entire store as your playing field.
19. As the cashier runs your purchases over the scanner, look mesmerized and say, "Wow. Magic!"
20. Put M&M's on layaway.
21. Move "Caution: Wet Floor" signs to carpeted areas.
22. Set up a tent in the camping department; tell others you'll only invite them in if they bring pillows from Bed and Bath.
23. Test the fishing rods and see what you can "catch" from the other aisles.
24. Ask other customers if they have any Grey Poupon.
25. Drape a blanket around your shoulders and run around saying, "...I'm Batman. Come, Robin--to the Batcave!"
Dressing like Two-Face could also work.
Have a safe and Happy New Year from everyone at DYHP.